1) To improve professional skills and attitudes.
2) To obtain professional and ethical responsibility.
3) To develop professional communication skills.
4) To have basic theoretical and practical knowledge related to the program.
5) To be able to use materials and technological products related to the field.
6) To have sufficient knowledge and skills in first aid and in case of emergency.
7) To have knowledge of the effects of radiation, toxic effects and infection prevention.
8) To contribute to the development of dental clinical assistant profession.
9) To interest the needs of dentistry and to contribute the fulfillment of training according to these needs.
Students of Oral and Dental Health Programme,
1) Will be able to have knowledge about anatomical, histological and physiological properties of body structures and head-neck region, have knowledge about the disease which might occur in the mouth tissue
2) Will be able to have basic knowledge about dentistry and professional terminology and ability to use this knowledge effectively in professional issues.
3) Will be able to have knowledge of the morphology of the teeth, discrimination of milk and permanent teeth, have the classification and coding skills.
4) Will be able to have knowledge of hand instruments and apparatus used in the dentistry, have ability to use and transfer them, have skill and knowledge about preparation of treatment area and assisting during therapy.
5) Will be able to have knowledge about manipulation, contents and characteristics of materials used in dental practice and ability to use this knowledge effectively.
6) Will be able to take a role in disciplinary/interdisciplinary teams and has the ability to perform practical applications within the authorities given to him.
7) Will be able to have knowledge and skills to use information technology effectively and have the ability of saving and protecting all the data related to patient care.
8) Will be able to have knowledge in the field of preventive dentistry and have the ability to apply his knowledge.
9) Will be able to have knowledge regarding infectious diseases in dentistry; have sufficient ability to prevent microbiological contamination and infection control.
10) Will be able to have knowledge and skills related to protection rules of environment and human health.
11) Will be able to have knowledge about imaging techniques in dentistry, dangers of radiation and have skills about radiation safety.
12) Will be able to have knowledge about the drugs used in dentistry and have ability of emergancy medical intervention.
13) Will be able to evaluate the psychological and social aspects of the patient and have effective communication ability.
14) Will be able to have knowledge and consciousness about social responsibility, ethical values and social security rights in the field of healthcare.